Sunday 21 April 2013

Lets evaluate!!!!! Part 5

What have I learnt about technologies from the process of constructing my product?

I started this with a bit of knowledge about "pinnacle" editing software which is similar to premier pro only less powerful. Other than that I had little knowledge of editing software and different camera types.




While creating my film opening I learnt a lot about adobe after effects, which I used to create my company
ident, telletubies sequence and recreations of Saul Bass' works. I learnt about how to use shape, solid and text layers and how to create 3D text to make it seem like it's coming from behind you and is more professional.




I also learnt how to edit with premier pro. I learnt different ways of editing to create different moods, such as short clips can increase the pace which I used when plugging the ipod in or walking through the bedroom door in my piece.






I also learnt that Youtube not only has silly videos on for me to laugh at when I'm bored but it also is a great place to find tutorials to help with learning how to edit or to upload by own videos for the world to see.





This website itself (blogger) is a good website for posting text or videos as well, however I have found it difficult to get the pictures to be where I want them which can get very frustrating so when doing something like this again I would prefer to use different website.



The actual camera and equipment I used was all very new to me. When doing the opening shots of different rooms for my piece I used a tripod to keep the camera steady which I thought was much better than doing it by hand. Also the computers we were using the edit couldn't seem to cope with the difficulty of the editing so it became very difficult to edit as they were very slow. I just had to try to work around this but it made it very difficult so in the future I would be sure to try to use a very high standard computer

No comments:

Post a Comment