Sunday 21 April 2013

Lets Evaluate!! Part 6

How does my media product challenge the conventions of conventional media?

Well my product challenges it in a lot of ways, these are:

  • 13 year old girl as a main role, usually these are older males in the main roles
  • Different editing style, with the short clips quickly followed by the long clips
  • Using the extreme levels of contrast and low brightness in the shots when the music starts playing isn't usually used in mainstream films
  • Using sound that at the start seems to be non-diegetic but turns out to be diegetic (tap dripping noise and the start). This is rarely used in a film but I like it as I think that it raises tension until you realise it is diegetic sound and then lowers tension
  • Using a quote is rarely used but I think this worked well and it connotes that their is a lot to come
It however does use some of them though:
  • it is set in a middle class western world home, if I could have used a different location I would have but it wasn't feasible for me to travel to another country
  • starts with establishing shots that draw the audience in and lets them know where they are in the film. It is also a good chance for them to take in the mise en scene to understand what the film could be like and what the characters are like
  • The girl in it is dressed as a typical 13 year old girl and the rest of the house fulfills all the stereo types of a middle class western house


No comments:

Post a Comment